1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Unhappy with Garritan so far...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by maintiger, Apr 18, 2004.

1. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

I got garritan personal Orchestra and I use it as a plug in within Digital Performer. So far I am very unhappy as the volume is so low, very much lower than Mach Five and my audio tracks. I have the Garritan volume all the way up and its just so much lower than the others that is unusuable. I also tried recording the tracks and the volume was way too low- any ideas?

Garritan has a no money back policy and I certainly would send it back if I could...

2. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

Not familiar w/DP. Did you query Garritan about it? Maybe it is meant to be that way, or maybe there is a knob to twist somewhere that you're missing.

Not familiar w/DP, but Logic has a gainer plugin for doing stuff like adding extra boost to weak signals, reversing polarity to check phase problems, etc... Maybe DP has something similar?

3. maintiger

I posted on garritan's forum and the mod wheel doubles as volume control- I got the volume up now and it sounds good- the only problem is that when I want to record the instrument in DP (to conserve resources) the audio waves are kinda small with the volume all the way up- it has enough volume, though- starnge....

I started working on an arrangement for a Xmas song I wrote and the Garritan strings sound better so far than the east-west strings and the roland strings I have- cool, that's what I needed it! I like the Roland brass better (so far) though... I have yet to try the flutes and the woodwinds. I am just glad the volume problem is solved and I can use the thing.

4. maintiger

Oh, by the way, garritan sure has a devoted following. If you look in his forums you'll see what I mean. People rave about GPO

http://www.garritan.com