1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Upgrading Cubase

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by Spase, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Spase

Spase Active Member

I have been using Cubase SL3 for years now, and I haven't been having any issues. I did have one instamce of someone giving me a Cubase4 file I couldn't open, but he just gave me a wav and that was fine.

Anyways, anyone out there upgraded and think it's worth while? I can get the upgrade for $250 through Steinberg, so it's not too expensive.

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

This happens sometimes. Maybe there aren't enough people who are using the current versions of Cubase? I haven't used it. It looks cool though, I must admit. Have you checked out Steinberg.net for feedback?

3. Spase

Spase Active Member

I've looked some. Seems to be fairly well recieved, but I trust the opinions of people on this site a bit, so I thought I'd ask. SL3 has been working just fine for me, but it's always nice to have new features. It also seems like they pushed out 4 and then 5 pretty quickly. Hate to have to upgrade every 12-18 months for the new thing.

4. llatht

llatht Active Member

You can download the demo version of Cubase 5 right now. I did 2 nights ago and it's working great so far. Haven't upgraded since sx2 and I've noticed alot of new stuff already.

5. Spase

Spase Active Member

Yeah, I supose I should just do that!

6. planet10

planet10 Active Member

go for it man im an endorsed Steinberg user of Nuendo and last year a NAMM when C5 was shown i was floored!!!!!
    you WONT be disappointed, i just cant wait for Nuendo 5, i gonna be loving life!!!!!