1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

urei 1178 (silver face) for drums

Discussion in 'Drums' started by lukee, Jan 9, 2002.

1. lukee

lukee Guest

I just bought a 1178 and I was wondering what for it would be nice - I used it on a mix as mastering comp - very nice but coloured the sound pretty much

does anybody got experience with it??

maybe you even tell something about how you use it att/rel. ....

thanks a lot : lukluk_1999@yahoo.com

2. FrankO

FrankO Guest

Try checking out low end material, the units I have heard have been a bit muddying but useful in other areas....

3. wiggy

wiggy Guest

The 1178 is a different soundn fromthe run of th emill 1176. We have a blue badge versioon where i work and I have blue badge silver 1176. THe difference between a blackface and silver for me, is likenight and day. However, the difference between silver 1176 and 1178's is very subtle. It a tonal thing but i believe the 1178 to bit a tad more fatter. THe 1178 sound extremely good strapped across the overheads of a drum kti to bring a wild player into line or to give the kit a real punch. Its also good as a mono bass or voal compressor. Giv eit a go you wont be disapointed

Peace
    Wiggy

4. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Originally posted by wiggy neve freak:

.....the difference between silver 1176 and 1178's is very subtle. It a tonal thing but i believe the 1178 to bit a tad more fatter.

Wiggy

Not sure that I could agree with the subtle bit.

But just to add to the info , the 1176's are mostly TX input ( there is one with an op-amp input ) and transistors all the way.... and the 1178 is op-amps all the way.