1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Used consoles

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by planet red, Jul 25, 2001.

1. planet red

planet red Active Member

Im looking to get a decent used 24 channel console in the under 7k (preferably 5k) range. Mic pres arent all that important but the eq's have to be good. How are the Tac scorpions? I saw one online the other for a very nice price. Any suggestions?

2. drumsound

drumsound Active Member

I mix on a TAC Magnum. I like it a lot. It is a fairly thick sound, sometimes bordering on soft. The EQ is nice, not "surgical," but good.

3. Jon Best

Jon Best Active Member

I had a Soundcraft 600 that I got for a little over a grand, and I send the master section and a couple of modules to Audio Upgrades- what came back was wonderful, especially the EQ's and summing bus.

Or, I finally got to play with Fletcher's recommendation to my same question a while ago, the MCI 400 series- nice board. Even nicer with mods that aren't supposed to be that hard.

Originally posted by planet red:
    Im looking to get a decent used 24 channel console in the under 7k (preferably 5k) range. Mic pres arent all that important but the eq's have to be good. How are the Tac scorpions? I saw one online the other for a very nice price. Any suggestions?