1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Using hardware effects with logic

Discussion in 'Logic' started by halfcircle, Dec 21, 2006.

1. halfcircle

halfcircle Guest

I have finally bitten the bullet and ordered a Mac Pro with Logic and a Alesis Firewire mixer/interface (multimix 16).

I am new to DAW recording having previously been using all in one multirack recorders for the past few years. Over this time I have gathered some rack gear (effcts and reverbs) that I would still like to use if at all possible.

I have downloaded the Logic manual and this seems to be possible using sends and returns just as you would with an analog desk, but I am confused as to how I would interface the external rack gear. The firewire interface I have ordered only has 2 outs for stereo monitoring, so would I need a seperate interface for with more I/O for my rack gear?

If so, anybody know of a good budget option?
  2. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    Yes you can use Hardware with Logic. I use mostly analog compressors and reverb with my Logic rig using the IO plugin. You will nee more ins and outs than two. I am currently running 24 ins and outs so I can do this.