1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Video editing for pc

Discussion in 'Recording' started by inferis, Nov 6, 2008.

1. inferis

inferis Guest

well im currently enrolled in some sound/ film classes and at school we use logic / soundtrack / final cut. i am wondering if there is anything that compares to these programs that are for PC. my PC at home is a beast, and i really don't want to invest in a whole new system. however this is the career path i really want to go down, and if it means investing a bit of money, then i gotta do it.

thanks, any input is much appreciated
  2. BRH

BRH Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    LA, CA
    Sony Vegas
    Avid Media Composer
  3. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    I really love using Sony's Vegas. I use version 7.0 but they are to version 8.0. It includes a beautiful bundled DVD Architect 4.0 or 4.5 authoring program. Really superb. I love the combination of the two. Vegas is not just a video editor dealing with standard definition & high-definition but can work natively within the HDV .m2t MPEG 2 transport stream along with any .wav,.AVI,.mpg & MP3. It actually start off as a multitrack audio program but later morphed into a full-blown multitrack video/audio program. Great bang for the buck generally under $600 US. I also use it for all of my CD mastering & burning since it offers advanced Redbook CD burning/mastering. Just a great product for PCs. I highly recommend it. Very intuitive to use. Great help file.

What happens with Vegas. Doesn't stay with Vegas.
    Ms. Remy Ann David
  4. inferis

inferis Guest

Awesome! thank you
  5. inferis

inferis Guest

Being a student i may not be able to afford vegas pro. is vegas 9 platinum pro pack worth getting?
  6. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Oberlin, OH
    Home Page:
    Actually if you are a student there are student discounts available.