1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Vintage Cadenza Reel to Reel Tape Recorder (Portable)

Discussion in 'Vintage Analog Gear' started by qowenp, Jun 19, 2011.

1. qowenp

qowenp Active Member

Jun 6, 2011

I've just purchased this old Cadenza Reel to Reel tape recorder from a car boot sale. The guy said he though it was from the 50's but judging from the quality, and the fact that it is "All Transistor" I think it'll be perhaps late 60's.

I don't know much about this sort of thing, and it doesn't come with a power cable, so I thought I'd come on here to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, it doesn't have a power cable; there is a switch to determine AC Adaptor or Battery power, but I imagine it eats batteries so if someone could give me some info on where to get a power adaptor from that would be great.

Also, the input for the microphone looks to be a standard 3.5mm jack but the included mic has a rounded end on it, as oppose to the usual pointed tip. Does this matter?

If anyone has any information about this little portable recorder that would be great - google hasn't helped! I have attached two pictures, one of the front and one of the back (with the case removed)