1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Virtual Drums

Discussion in 'Drums' started by MWiseman, Mar 30, 2009.

1. MWiseman

MWiseman Guest

All the drum softwares and beat makers I have tried are either hip hop based or sound to rigid and robotic for a rock song, does anyone know any good drum software that sounds like it could fit right it with any rock song?

Thanks for your help,

:)

2. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

BFD rocks, check it out!

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

BFD2 is increadible! I have been programming drums for 20 years. Nothing comes close to BFD2.

So real, so crisp. The cymbals, hats are so amazing. The software allows you to add space to everything. Snares, toms, kicks etc are all amazing. Its killer.

Recording.org is advertising this company now, and very proud of it.

Here is the link: BFD2

You won't be dissapointed.

4. Greener

Greener Guest

No link audiokid.

But here's a link to some awesome drum sounds, however the sequencer is only as good as you are.

Click For Link.

5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

What does this have to do with Virtual Drums? :-? WTF.

6. Greener

Greener Guest

What do virtual drums have to do with a percussion section?

Is this a recording site or a playback site?

7. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Greener,

I don't follow you... What is the name of this topic? The link you pointed us all to was to acoustic drums, yes? Does this follow the direction of the OP question? Am I missing something here?

What does " Is this a recording site or a playback site?" mean? I don't follow you here either?

From how I read this. The OP is wondering about software. Are Sonor drums software? Or... are you mistaking these for the software "Sonar? :wink:

8. Guitarfreak

Guitarfreak Well-Known Member

He's saying not to use programmed drums. There is no "recording" that goes on when you program a drum track.

Yeah, I speak "Vague".

9. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Exactly, and wasting our time, our bandwidth being a DF comedian that's not funny from a professional POV. He obviously has no clue for starters... any appreciation or hands on knowledge of high end drum programming and sequencing, including respect for other members questions.

When posters barge in and side rail members topics like this... erk, its along the same lines as trolling.

10. Greener

Greener Guest

The main point of my post was to highlight the fact you say. "Here is the link" and there is no link.
    I threw a little side troll for my troubles.

Sorry if my opinions waste your bandwidth, I'm sorry that I feel programming drums basically takes a job away from people like me, people who can play drums. I'm sorry I feel the need to talk about this... On a recording site that's created for musicians, by musicians.

I'll give people a pat on the back for making some nice drum loops using a sequencer and samples, in the same way I'll pat a child on the back for filling out a colouring book. Look, nothing outside the lines.

11. audiokid

audiokid Staff

There is a link, you just can't see that. Another miss reading of topics here.

Cry me a river. This topic once again is about Virtual Drums, NOT an ACOUSTIC SET that has anything to do with computers or sequencing!

I'd be amazed if you can atually play the friken drums. After watching you on RO for that past year, you strike me as a person who spends more time researching google for answers to topics, just to appear like you know something, as you are attempting now. I am seriously doubting you are actually a pro musician and/or someone with any real experience in the music business/ pro audio or DAW pro Audio.
    I'd love to hear your work at this point. I'm also wondering why you are spending your time trying to tell DAW users that you aren't happy there is such technology as Virtual Drums? Dropping a BS link to side rail this topic. What a crock of BS.

Why don't you just start a new topic in the Acoustic Music Forum if you are in such need of support FFS. Again, this topic is about Virtual Drums located in the DAW Pro Audio Forum. You are acting like an idiot, and being a side rail troll.

Hope you get my drift.

(y)

12. Greener

Greener Guest

I think I get it, I quoted your post that still appears linkless to me.
    In the quote there is HTML for a link, but in the post there is nothing.

http://recording.org/banners.php?op=click&bid=97

That's your link. I'm glad I found it. :) I think it doesn't work because instead of linking to the actual site, you're linking to your banner add for the site so you can get the clicks. Good work on that one, stay classy.

Also, I act like an idiot because I am an idiot. I'm also a troll, I've been telling you all since I came here. Thanks for noticing.

13. Greener

Greener Guest

Wow, putting the direct link into a post still shows nothing to me. Let's try some parenthesis.

(http)://recording.org/banners.php?op=click&bid=97

14. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I'm sure you have an answer for this. Did you click the link? It goes to http://www.fxpansion.com/ website, where you can learn about Virtual Drums called BFD2. If your CP doesn't take you there, via their RO link, I'm lost for words.

Greener, you are one DF ass trolling here and trying to cause problems.

15. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Greener, RO does not get click throughs. Nice try moron.

16. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Well, now that, thats been settled, brought out in the open and.. niped in the bud... Its time to say...

bye bye to a troll

(y)

Lets get back to Virtual Drums. BFD2 Rocks!

17. ouzo77

ouzo77 Active Member

he's doing that all the time. last time he was bashing people who use virtual amps.

some people are really stuck in the past...

i like battery 3. it's the most flexible drum sample player out there. you can get very realistic drums or totally warped fx beats with it.
    the sets are not as detailed as with bfd or superior drummer, but the library that comes with it has a big variety of different sounds. and you can use your own samples or other libraries with it. i use it with samples of my own sonor drumset.

in the end it's not really the sounds you use, it's the way you program them, that makes it sound real.

18. MasonBlack

MasonBlack Guest

You can try Toontrack's suite of drum programs (EZ Drummer et al) also. Very nice live drums.

http://www.toontrack.com/

19. PlatinumSamples

PlatinumSamples Active Member

Check out the demos done in BFD: https://www.platinumsamples.com/JoeBarresi.html

https://www.platinumsamples.com/Customer_Tunes.html

Rail

20. SeniorFedup

SeniorFedup Guest

i am more than satisfied with battery three when it comes to digital drums and acoustic drum emulations. and the price is IMO half of what its worth.