1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Virtual Synths

Discussion in 'Recording' started by tom5, Apr 16, 2007.

1. tom5

tom5 Guest

Hey guys, i'm new the the forum and this is my first post. I've revently bought an m-audio keystation 49 because i'm getting into synths. I've had Ableton Live 5 for a year now. I recently noticed that it seriously lacks in the midi department. I was wondering what you guys would suggest to get, or if you can give me any information on of your expeirience with the following programs i've considered: Native Instruments Elektrik Piano, GForce Oddity, Gforce Imposcer, Sample Tank 2 L, Lounge Lizard ep 1, Loungr Lizard ep -3, Gforce electric piano (Velvet)... I considered the Lounge lizard ep-1 because it is readily available at my local music store..Is there a great difference between ep 1 and ep 3? Any Input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Chicopunk13

Chicopunk13 Guest

If you're looking for instant, wide ranging midi capability at a very reasonable price, you need to look into Reason.

It has synths, samplers, effects, drum machines and a pretty decent starting sample library.