1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

vocal mic $1000-$2000

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by jake_eskedal, Apr 24, 2003.

1. jake_eskedal

jake_eskedal Guest

Looking for any suggestions. Will be going through Avalon 737. Used for primarily rock, male and female vocals, but other music types are also possible.

Thanks, Jake

2. sdevino

sdevino Active Member

Shure KSM44 $1300 list, $699 list. The best mic I own in this price range for contemporary vocals (including my U87ai and TLM103).

Steve

3. tterral1

tterral1 Guest

Soundelux U195. Excellent all around microphone. Cardiod only though.

Tim T

4. hasbeen

hasbeen Active Member

Home Page:
    If you want a Mint KSM44, I am selling one of mine for $480. Send a PM.

5. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Distinguished Member

Again, At4050 or At4040. They are monsters. We call them the mid guy Neumans here in Brazil.

6. pacoaveleyra

pacoaveleyra Guest

I often use AKG 414 VTLII, and it sounds great with vocals, I recommend you also AT 4050

7. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

If you look around, you should be able to find a Neumann U87Ai for less than 2K... Kurt

8. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Theres a fellow selling an older AKG 'THE TUBE' on ebay...the bidding started at $950...these are a very fine mic...

9. DSL

DSL Guest

I've been using the Rode NTK (about $500) on male vox and getting very good results. I usually use the Rode with a ƒƒ ISA 110 (one of my favorite pres). The 737 sounds a little off with the Rode (mabey too tubey for vox, I'm sure other have gotten good results). I use a U87ai with the 737 sometimes. The 737 is not my main vox pre. I would suggest the U87ai overall in your range especially on female. I personally do not like the AKG 414 on vox but there are alot of people who like them and there are a bunch of different models.
    my .03 cents

10. Gregproaudio

Gregproaudio Active Member

My current favorite is the Neuman TLM103. It's sounds pretty cool for rock vocals. Of course there is always the u87/