1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Vocals recorded are not as loud as they should be

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by People, Nov 4, 2010.

1. People

People Guest

Hey this is my first post and at the same time the same problem that has hunted me for years:

When I record with my mic the first thing I usually see is a line, the first thing I hear during playback...well nothing. This has made recording with my equipment impossible for the past year.

Luckily I got my hands on cubase last week and was able to amp the recordings by about 15 dbs without loss of quality(or so I think after a whole year thereof). Also I can hear myself fine if I plug my headphones into the audiointerface and for example rub my fingers together next to the mic.

Now on the mixer when I record it doesn't matter if I reach the yellow line or even the red line of to much noise,which means even if I scream into the mic with gain and levels turned to max it's always the same result. I also don't have -10db on my mic turned on so it records exactly as it is.

I have replaced my old US 122L audiointerface with the 144MKII (TASCAM). So the problem must lie between the mixer and the mic.

PS: the equipment is solemnly used to record vocals.