1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

VST Frequency Analyzer with Freq Solos?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by conleec, Oct 26, 2011.

1. conleec

conleec Active Member

Hello everybody,

Some years ago I used a 50 band frequency analyzer in SAW Studio Pro which had a great feature: it allowed you to simply click on a frequency band or bands and it would solo those bands so you could listen to those frequencies without other sounds interfering. Does anybody know of a VST plugin which has similar functionality? Please, please, please say yes. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris Conlee

2. bouldersound

bouldersound Real guitars are for old people. Well-Known Member

I believe the Massenberg Design Works High Resolution Parametric EQ can solo frequency bands, but it's not a spectrum analyzer.

3. conleec

conleec Active Member

Thanks for the response; I'll check into it. The Studio Frequency Analyzer was brilliant in it's simplicity and power. Just click on a band and voila! Instant solo. I'm still hoping to find something similar in VST plugins.

Chris

4. conleec

conleec Active Member

Hmmm. It doesn't seem like the Massenberg plugin does what I'd like it to. Am I missing some functionality? If you have extra guidance, I'd be happy to take it. Thanks a million.

Chris

5. lambchop

lambchop Active Member

I seem to remember a Roger Nichols "Frequalizer" plugin that had about 30 or 40 bands. I don't recall all of the details but it might also have the function you're looking for, or at least a workaround. It was VST.