1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

VST support?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Aaron-Carey, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Aaron-Carey

Aaron-Carey Active Member

Dec 25, 2000
    I am thinking of making a new audio app. I want it to have VST as well as DX support, what is the process (legal ) of doing this ?
  2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Umm..since I dont get into programming Im not sure how well I could help you in this department! The best I could do is to see if you need permission to use that type of code..DirectX is Microsoft and you need to get the developers kit from them I believe..VST I think is Steinberg's protocol but I'm nto too sure on that one to be honest. I know that there was a dicussion about making some plugins on the DAWworld computing section awhile back..but nothing about getting rights or any legal mumbo jumbo. I'm sure someone will be able to jump in here and help out...Anyone? Beuler?
  3. route909

route909 Guest

Arf. With a VST-DX adapter like FXpansion´s VST-DX adapter, you can use most VST plugins as DX plugins. In SONAR, you can even use VST instruments as DX Instruments. SONAR can use VST plugins and Instruments just as well as DX counterparts.
  4. Teacher

Teacher Guest

sounds like someones late
  5. Aaron-Carey

Aaron-Carey Active Member

Dec 25, 2000
    The VST adapter is great but you CANT use the UA dsp card with it

UA has gioven one to angus at fxspanison ( so the story goes), but he hasnt gotten it working yet as far as I know :(