1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

waves 3.0

Discussion in 'Recording' started by audiokid, Oct 11, 2000.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

waves 3.0 is now online, has anyone updated yet?

------------------
    audiokid

2. Originally posted by audiokid:
    waves 3.0 is now online, has anyone updated yet?

YES !! 3.0 seems to be a slight cosmetic updating of all the previous GOLD plugs. Some of the graphical changes I like Some I haven't really decided.

But the big addition for me is the multiband processor. This thing is great. 4 bands completely programmable with some really decent presets built in.

I had recently posted on the DUC that I had created a quazi multiband finalizer type mastering tool kit from several different waves plugs, as a result of some great tips from other DUC members. But the new multiband C-4 is much much better.

I've now created a mastering session in PT with a Q-10 paragraphic, fed into the C-4, then out of the C-4 then into a PAZ analyzer, then into a Ren Comp, then into the L-1. And now I can squeeze the living crud out of any mix, or use different parts of that little combination to tweek any mix into a nice smooth sounding piece.

I'm not sure what the C-4 by itself is selling for, but it alone was worth the $200 I coffed up for the upgrade.

I haven't experimented with the new Ren Reverberator yet at all.

And the Paragraphic interface I don't care for. The new version is "squattier" & less defined, Using the digits in the boxes you can pretty much dial in what you want but the curve itself is not as clear because of a smaller screen and larger indicator boxes. But it's still pretty much the same Paragraphic.

I just got the upgrade a couple days ago & have only had a limmitted about of time to work with it. I'll have some free time later tonite to toy with the other changes. I'll let y'all know what else I learn.

FWIW my setup is G4-450, 512 meg ram, Digi001, Que CD-RW, Waves Gold, Antares Autotune, NEC MS 1810 monitor.

------------------
    C Ya, Stan
    Good - Fast - Cheap
    Pick Any Two