1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Waves Version 3.5 Release

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Doublehelix, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Distinguished Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Waves has just released version 3.5 of thier plugins, and they promise *much* less processor drain, and more instances of each plug. This is a free upgrade for users of version 3.0 or above. Also included are the final release versions of the Waveshell-VST plugs for Windows (finally!).

{Note on the Waveshell-VST plugs: I have been part of the Public Beta on these, and when they work, they are great...unfortunately, I have been resorting back to the Direct-X versions since the VST ones seem to disappear when I close down Cubase, and come back later...hopefully this is now fixed in this final release...the VST versions are much faster loading, and are obviously easier to automate from within Cubase.}

You can get them at:

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Yeah..I got mine installed a few days ago...very nice indeed...I like the new PAS stuff...everything loads a hell of a lot faster..does seem to take less strain off of the processor as well...god love it...now I just need a UAD card! Which I think I have a lead on one for free!! ah ha ha ha ha ha!! I love my position!
    Hee hee
    Opus :D
  3. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Distinguished Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Well Gary...I'll say it again..."You Suck!!!" Hehe...j/k

A UAD-1 card for free??? I spent a fortune on mine, but it is *trully* worth it!!! I can honestly say however, that it is worth *every* penny I paid for it!!! It has made more difference to my mixes than anything I have done...

I hope you get one bud...you'll be hooked for life (wait until you hear the new Pultec EQ!!!)