1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Waves Version 4.0

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Doublehelix, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

Waves has introduced version 4.0 of their plug-in line, which included support for Mac OS X. They have also introduced a new plug-in, called the Renaissance Channel, which is a pretty cool looking channel strip using Renaissance technology with EQ, comp, gate, and much more. Looks pretty awesome!

http://www.waves.com

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

<cough><cough>

Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee

Opus :p

3. Doublehelix

OK...what am I missing here??? :) I know I am a bit old and slow :d: but...do you know something that we dont Gary??? Oh please, do tell!

4. Yeah c'mon Opus, what's so funny? Doc

5. Opus2000

<cough> <cough> NDA <cough> <cough>

Hee hee hee hee hee hee

Don't ya just hate me sometimes! :p

Opus :s:

6. Doublehelix

SOMETIMES??????? Hehe... :D

Come on Gary...just a bit of info!!! We'll never tell anyone where we heard it!!!

7. thedug

thedug Guest

Did apple buy them just to make them mac only? He He.

8. thedug

thedug Guest

Did anybody notice that their site isn't resondig?

http://www.waves.com/

9. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hi, I just upgraded to ver. 4 and I'm really impressed with the speed of everything. I went from version 2 to 4 so I don't know how ver. 3 was but ver. 4 is smoking! The L1 is an improvement, IMO smoother and louder. I'm doing more test but was excited to post this for everyone. Has anyone tried the restoration plugins?

10. Opus2000

Chris

Yes, I use all of the W4 bundles now! Great stuff!
    So far people that have heard my latest mixes have been astounded at how well the plug ins are helping out! I use only Waves right now with some UAD stuff! Silly isn't it?!!

Opus

11. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Opus, have you used the restoration tools? If so, what is the xclick and xcrackle like? Do they add any of the digital buzz when you use them. I've used the declicker and that's what it does. I guess I should try the demo out. Just currious.

That's good news. Waves has always been first class to me. Version 4 keepd the faith for me.

Cheers! :c:

12. Opus2000

Chris

Yes, I use the X-Noise plug in a lot as some times I get tracks that were recorded by a computer! X-Noise has the learn function and a very controllable noise reduction amount.

Helps tremendously. If you use too much of it, it can and will add artifacts to your sound. Just a little bit and you're good to go.

Just a dash of reverb, a pinch of compression and a shot of x-noise, cook for 5 minutes at 1x speed and voilla! lol

Opus :D