1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

We can make this happen

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by audiowkstation, Nov 18, 2002.

1. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

yup! :c:

3. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

4. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

I was ranting about the ^#$%ed up nature of the music industry and how this site can make it's own independent industry happen and we should team together to create a lable.

The rant was really over the top for me so I left the subject line there for those to extrapolate on.
    Chris got it...and I do not think he saw the post since it was up a very short time.

Sometimes it really pisses me off to hear garbage on the radio while we are working the real deal with no support..or even dismissed as renegades.

I was also emotionally thinking of Stephen Paul and his accomplishments and how he did not get credit. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH well injustice needs voice and what I printed before did not get to the above point..it was just babble...after reading it..I did not get to the point..here I have.

Thanks Chris for feeling the vibe and Kev for wanting more info.

5. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

I feel your pain.

The music business in "the top 40" hasn't changed. New tools and digital things .. including the net have promised to change this but I don't think it will. The niche markets have grown and I think this is where the net can change things dramatically. The trick is to extract a living and or credit out of it.

I did a freebie gig last night for 3 girls at what only could be described as a first gig. Two electric guitars and 3 voices. Should have been accoustic guitars and the two guitarists were very nervous and it showed in the fingers and the voice. Electric guitars in the hands of novices and I think youcan hear or the problems without even being there. All the usual mistakes and problems.

I was there as a favour to the lead singer. I gave her a very short pep talk before going on stage and tried to clear her mind. "Just sing" Sure there were problems but sing she did. I used many cliched tricks but the young crowd didn't know that.

They loved it and the joy on the faces of all including the performers was evident. It must have been a few years since I had been in that venue or done a live show at the lower level and last night I remembered why I like doing what I do.

We are lucky to have Stephen hang with us.