1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Welcome aboard Mixerman! Our newest moderator on RO

Discussion in 'Recording' started by audiokid, Aug 12, 2001.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hey everybody, lets give a warm welcome to Mixerman our newest (mystery) RO moderator :c:

2. Mixerman

Mixerman Active Member

Oh my God! My own forum??? Oh, Thank you! I'd like to thank the acadamey. Thanks to all my loyal fans out there without whom this would have never been possible. Thanks to all the people that have flamed me, (and ^#$% you). Thanks to RAP for giving me the opportunity to post my first articles. Thanks to Fletcher for inviting me to participate in RO, and for all his great advice (and incredible entertainment value) through the last couple of years. [Sniff, Sniff...]

Seriously though, I think this will be great to have a mixing forum. God knows it's my favorite subject, aside from sports, so why not?

I'll officially open this forum in the next day or two, so bear with me until I can get my $*^t together.

In the meantime, if anyone has any topics that they would like to start, or questions, feel free to post it in my forum.

Thanks,

Mixerman

3. hargerst

hargerst Distinguished Member

This is great. I can breath a little easier and forward all the tough stuff here. I've been in the business about 50 years now, and I have very few heros left. Fletcher, Mixerman, Stephen Paul, Bob Olhsson, George Massenburg, and Al Schmitt are among the ones that are still around.

4. fred01

fred01 Guest

Hey Mixerman. Glad to see that this happened. Most excellent!

I look forward to lurking around in this area of RO and getting some straight talk on the subject of mixing. Cool.

Fred Forssell

5. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

Man...they'll give anyone a forum around here...(just kidding).

Congratulations and Shout-Outs for Mixerman.

A boon to all who ply these waters...

...now, I've got to think of a good question...

6. dkrausz

dkrausz Guest

My mixes don't sound so good.
    Do I need to use speakers? :)

Also, what does the red button do?

dk

7. Originally posted by Mixerman:
    Oh my God! My own forum??? Oh, Thank you!

Hey, things are looking up around here.

In the meantime, if anyone has any topics that they would like to start, or questions, feel free to post it in my forum.

Sure, I'll start...

What's the best delay? <g>

Cheers and welcome aboard.

8. Rader Ranch

Rader Ranch Member

cool :)

so, who are you Mixerman? we know who the rest of our moderators are (at least by name and a brief profile), but, um, while you have been referred to hear-abouts as Zelig, somehow i think that's not entirely accurate :D ;) :c:

9. kent powell

kent powell Active Member

I'd like to second Mark's question with an addition. What's the best delay...under $200?

Welcome MM! This is going to be so cool. We are indeed fortunate.

10. Bob Olhsson

Bob Olhsson Distinguished Member

I DON'T WANT to know "who" he is!

Anonymity lets him (perhaps them?) call it like he sees it.

This is a lot more valuable to everybody than just another "name" spouting opinions that are measured in an effort to not offend clients or gear manufacturers. LOTS more valuable.

11. This is great!! :eek:

Just glad to be a part of!!! :D

BTW, I think that better if we don't know who Mixerman is. I like trying to guess. It kinda reminds me of the days before music videos, when all you had was an album cover and the rest was up to YOUR imagation. Remember Abby Road?

12. JS

JS Guest

I think I may still have some free time on AES Sunday between 11:55 and 12:10. Shall we have a Mixing breakfast?

Congrats to Mixerman - you did well since your first posts on RAP <g>
    And to the rest of you, good to see you're still having fun at the is game.

13. Dave McNair

Dave McNair Active Member

My vote for best delay is the Line 6 delay modeling guitar pedal. It'll set you back $249.99 at Guitar Center and worth every penny. This groovy little box will take aux level right off the console, but you will have to return to the board with DI's to a mic pre for best results.
    OK Mixerman where's my buck? LOL

14. Dave McNair

Dave McNair Active Member

Hey, I thought Mixerman was one of the guys on the cover of Abbey Road.....

15. hathabr

hathabr Guest

cool - very cool. This will ensure even more awesome posts. Welcome!

16. Curve Dominant

Curve Dominant Active Member

I'll officially open this forum in the next day or two, so bear with me until I can get my $*^t together.

GET YER $*^t TOGETHER DUDE!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Jus' kiddin' bro! Congrats and thanks for contributing!

:c:

By the way, Mixerman, how do you make a Fruit Cordial?

Eric Vincent
    Curve Dominant Sound&Vision
    Philadelphia USA

17. NEVE8068

NEVE8068 Guest

I have actually gotten to work for mixerman and he is definitly a an ANALOG SCHOOL AUDIO PIMP.
    I am glad that he got this.OH YEAH ^#$% insert digital format plugin etc.etc. "_______"
    Since we know mixerpimp is a die hard analog fan.
    MARK

18. Congrats and thanks for all the perspective you've shared on RAP in the past. I can't wait to see what interesting tidbits filter out in the months to come!

Greg Heimbecker

19. WOW!!!
    There is some tremendous talent openly sharing so much on this site. Its just overwhelming. I mean, I'm actually blushing thinking about it. Its the sort of thing your parents would slap you on the back of the head for, assembling such massive talent and then sharing it, its un-parelleled. In some cultures you'd be stoned or crucified for being so tremendously informative. Its almost too good to be true. I dont know who mixerman is though, but he seems quite the cool fella

20. Mixerman

Mixerman Active Member

Damn! What a welcome. Thanks everyone. You really know how to make a guy feel good after mixing all day.

Thanks for the support.

Mixerman