1. Hey, good to see you lurking here! If you are into recording, love using microphones (Tracking, Mixing or Mastering Music) , you want less hype and nonsense... perhaps you've found your new home. Discover more... Welcome to RECORDING ORG (est 1998) - created for musicians by musicians. Register NOW !

Welcome moonbaby & BobRogers!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio Instruments' started by bigtree, Mar 12, 2009.

1. bigtree

bigtree Studio Resource Admin

RECORDING ORG
    Home Page:
    I would like to thank the others who contacted me with their suggestions and for also volunteering for the spot.

That being said... We have a great tag team for this new forum.
    We have chosen moonbaby and BobRogers. Let's welcome these guys and eat some cake.

(y)

This looks really yummy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. Space

Space Studio Resource Moderator

Residential / Commercial Carpentry/Remodeling
    Home Page:
    I wonder if moon or Bob could tell me what kind of five stringed instrument that is?

3. BobRogers

BobRogers Member

Mathematician - Research area: partial differentia
    Looks like a chocolate five string acoustic bass. Short scale. Lefthanded. Serial number...can't quite make it out.

Looks darned good though!

4. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Member

Student (studying Computer Games Devlopement)
    I think I just stuffed part of the serial down my throat....
    Oh well. There goes the resale value!

5. hueseph

hueseph Member

slave
    Ah. Bobrogers and Moonbaby. Good choices. Congrats guys!

6. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Member

audio engineer/video engineer/producer
    Home Page:
    I think this will all add up nicely. It's one small step for Recording.org. One giant leap for recording minds.

I like being weightless. If it were possible.
    Ms. Remy Ann David

7. moonbaby

moonbaby Moderator

Audio production/voiceover
    I believe that it's called something like "baja quintera".(?)..a latino baritone instrument. I'd like to wire one of those up and run it through my Fender Dual Showman Reverb Amp, mic'd with a Sennheiser 421 (of course!).
    I was truly surprised when I logged in this morning and learned of this honor. Thanks to all! And thanks to my parents who started it all by making me take organ lessons on the Hammond M-3 when I was 6 and guitar when I was 9!!!

8. BobRogers

BobRogers Member

Mathematician - Research area: partial differentia
    Do you still have the M3? Green Onions was recorded on an M3 if Wiki can be relied on.

9. moonbaby

moonbaby Moderator

Audio production/voiceover
    Yes, but not the same one that my parents had. Probably just as well. The one we had in the house got...Well, I was into ELP and Wakeman back then, so I butchered the internal speaker/transformer to add a Bassman amp and an Cordovox Leslie (for accordion, no less!). I even managed to run that organ through a Guild Copicat tape echo! Now it's a Motif 06 and and some oldies (D-50, DX-7II, Chroma Polaris, EML 101)..when I have time.

10. Space

Space Studio Resource Moderator

Residential / Commercial Carpentry/Remodeling
    Home Page:
    You guys deserve it.

Virginia AND Florida?

I feel like my second cousins just got the manager position at the local Seven-Eleven ;) Everybody say HELL YA!!!