1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

audio What a great mix - Englishman In New York (Studio Version)

Discussion in 'Fix This MIX!' started by audiokid, May 5, 2012.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Caught this on the Samplitude forums. Sting playing a swan-necked baroque lute.
    http://www.mateus-lutes.com/baroque-lutes.html

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Not that Sting needs help but I hear it... I'd love to hear Colin Hay from Men At Work chime in with Sting on this track.

3. moles

moles Active Member

Yeeeehaw - yeah, whatever happened to Colin Hay? I always thought he had a voice with great character to it, that should've really sat well with musical styles beyond the '80s Pop/Rock thing.

4. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

Yeah, this was one of my favorites back in the early 1980s. Got to hear him perform live at one of the big legendary nightclubs in NYC which was a special performance only for folks that went to the AES convention. We got aluminum tickets which I still have of that event. Got to speak to him briefly since Stewart Copeland and I went to the same high school even though he was two grades beyond me. My best friend and him were both class of 72. And I believe Hugh recorded all of that on an SSL 4000 for Sting.

Sting's the thing
    Mx. Remy Ann David