1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What audio card to choose?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Hemophagus, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Hemophagus

Hemophagus Guest

Last moth I had a robbery at my studio and the whole computer was stolen. :cry:

I had a nuendo complete system and now I've bought another computer and I'm looking for an audio card: I'm not sure if I should buy a Nuendo DSP 96/52 (by RME) like the one I owned before or try with a Motu or an Apogee.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  2. boheme6

boheme6 Guest

RME is great stuff
    M-Audio is probably just a hair behind RME and a bit cheaper.

I have issues with MOTU, especially on a PC - really don't like them at all (too many bad experiences).

If you want to spend the money on real hi-end converters.. get a Lynx card and a couple of Apogees.
  3. maestro7879

maestro7879 Guest

I agree with boheme6 on the motu issues. I was ok for about 5 months and then the 2408 started acting up. It's all maudio now and never a problem. Sorry to hear about the robbery.
  4. bap

bap Guest

I have M-Audio as well as Lynx. If you have the $, Lynx is a fine card.

I run Samplitude which will happily record with Delta and Lynx simultaneously. :D
  5. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Love all Lynx gear.

I have an RME 8x8 ADDA in my "B" suite and love the sound. For the money I think it holds it own against Appogee. We have several in our "A" suite.

6. ShellTones

ShellTones Guest

If price is a consideration, the M-Audio stuff is selling way cheap right now--the Delta 44 for around $145 and the Delta 66 for around $190.
  7. Hemophagus

Hemophagus Guest

Well, I think I'll buy an RME again... too many good reviews for this card...

I'll take a look on Lynx cards...

Thanks for your posts!! They helped me to consider MOTU's reliability...