1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What do I need?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by velociraptor84, Feb 17, 2006.

1. What softwares do I need to start a home computer recording studio and that is free? I need softwares that are free and that will work on Win 98.

2. jcnoernberg

jcnoernberg Guest

do you need it to be free? free is what you need?
    try http://www.n-track.com/
    or just about every other title has a 30 day free tiral, like mackie tracktion.

3. TimRP

TimRP Guest

ProTools Free is Free (and ONLY works with 98 )
    Audacity is Free

4. N-Track doesn't work since it frezzes at 50% when it's instaling the program.

5. I found Pro Tools at download.com but it says it's for Mac or Power PC not for Windows so that's not going to work. But Audacity will work since it's for Windows.

6. If there are other good programs you guys know please tell me so I can start a good computer recording studio. :) Of cource please tell me the links to those programs so I can download them. By the way I have Win 98 not Mac.

Thank You everyone!

7. jcnoernberg

jcnoernberg Guest

you really think it's like... click, poof, oh i have a good computer recording studio now?!

how hard is it for you to google "free audio recording software"
    i gave up spoonfeeding a few years ago when my little girl turned two.

8. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

You are kidding right?

You want to start a GOOD computer recording studio using only FREE software and running it on windows 98?

GET REAL!
    :roll:

9. Well I wanted to get the best out of my computer. But what softwares are the best that I can try and download it and that will work for Win 98?

10. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Free....You're not planning on charging anyone for this service are ya???Highway robbery is illegal in most states. :x

11. TimRP

TimRP Guest

Protools free, like I said win98!!!!!!

http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/