1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What do you recommend starting from scratch?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by kenglotus, Feb 25, 2006.

1. kenglotus

kenglotus Guest

Right now I have a Song Viao PC, pentuim 4 processor, 250 gb.

I have songs in my head. I don't play any instruments.

1. I would like to first hum the songs into a microphone and have that basically converted into notes on a page with an audio to midi conversion program.

2. I would also like to have the music notated on my computer screen where I can move the notes around with a mouse.

3. I then want to convert those notes into the instrument of my choice, ( I understand midi is the way to do this, or
    The instruments of my choice are the most realistic sounding as possible instruments of, the symphony orchestra and also the rock n roll and metal ensemble guitar,metal guitar, bass, drums. I don't care about dance beats or loops ,maybe drums on a loop would be okay if it could be varied.

4. Also a sound card for these purposes.

I want to minimize the amount of software I have so if I could buy a recording program that was geared toward these kinds of music that would be best I'm thinking. For instance I read that audio to midi conversion is possible with Logic pro 7?
    I have read that guitar sounds are cheesy and fake sounding as midi. I have personally only heard really cheesy samples on the net. Which software offers the most realistic sounding guitar?
    I plan on buying everything over ebay.
    Thank you for your help. I would have liked to continue to read more but I can't wait any longer to buy some gear