1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What does it all mean? (Pultec question)

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Rob Cathcart, Apr 30, 2002.

  1. Rob Cathcart

    Rob Cathcart Guest

    Excuse my confuse! :cool: HA!
  2. Kev

    Kev Well-Known Member

    Yes the Pultec EQ is a strange device.

    When you read Pultec EQ you must think the word Passive.

    It is an arrangement of resistors and capacitors and inductors, a true L.C.R circuit. This passive EQ stage is followed by a Tube driver stage to make up the attenuation induced by the EQ stage.

    Gain in a passive circuit? Well that is a question that could have a long answer but I won't bore you here.

    Try to think of the Pultec EQ in a new way and not like the way you do when you use the EQ on your mixing desk.

    Just spent some quality time with a Pultec and get to know it.

Share This Page