1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What Gear?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by thedood, Apr 4, 2007.

1. thedood

thedood Guest

Hi All
    I am looking to set up a simple PC-based home recording studio. I want to be able to record guitar, bass, keyboard and the occasional vocal. I have a Boss GT8 for my guitar, which has midi i/o, and an old Korg M1 synth module (no keyboard) that I want to use.

I was looking at the Creative Xboard 61 to work with the Korg, and the Creative EMU 0404 USB to connect everything to my PC.

Does this sound like a good set up? I've seen that people seem to be having a lot of problems with the 0404 so should I look at something else? I'd rather not have to install extra hardware unless I have to.

Do I need anything else?

Any help will be gratefully received.
    The Dood
  2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    What specific problems and where have these people been seen?

There can be problems installing, configuring, and using any brand audio/MIDI interface. Much of the time the root cause is user error more than a real product problem.
  3. thedood

thedood Guest

Too many to list. I'm specifically talking about messages posted in the Creative formum though. Bottom line I'm really just looking for guidance as to the best set up to go with for guitar and keyboard, preferably using USB or Firewire.