1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What instrument is this?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Unregistered, Mar 8, 2012.

  1. Unregistered

    Unregistered Guest

    When the song starts (in the youtube link below), obviously there is an accoustic guitar, bass, and drums. But there is something else there too. It sounds like some sort of keys. Anybody know what that is or how to get a sound like that?

    Jenny and Johnny - Switchblade - YouTube
  2. Davedog

    Davedog Distinguished Member

    Organ pad. And a cheap one too.
  3. audiokid

    audiokid Staff

    ... with a lot of reverb. Its a very easy sound to reproduce with almost any keyboard or basic sound generator.
  4. moonbaby

    moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

    It reminded me of the immortal and cheesey ARP String Ensemble....through a Twin with the 'verb cranked up.
  5. Unregistered

    Unregistered Guest

    Thanks guys! I apologize, but I am not very familiar with synths and keyboards. I hear the distortion and reverb, but what setting/voicing on a keyboard would be my best bet for achieving this sound? Thank you in advance.

Share This Page