1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What is Alto?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by robchittum, Sep 2, 2003.

1. robchittum

robchittum Guest

I'm in the market for a budget, but usable headphone amp. I have a rolls HA43 (four channel) which I'm wanting to upgrade from slightly. I don't want to pay $300 for a 4 channel that will likely get stepped on by the next punk band that walks into my little basement home studio. Anyway, I searched e-bay and discovered a decent looking amp, but have never heard of the "maker" - obviously made in China. Did any of you see or hear this unit at the Namm Show, or know anything about it. It's either this, B****** (puke), or Samson (second puke). Thanks, Rob

http://www.directproaudio.com/product.cfm?directid=53254

2. Eddie

Eddie Guest

That "B" one is actually a very good unit for your needs.

3. sheet

sheet Well-Known Member

Alto is an Italian alternative to Behringer. It is distirbuted in the US solely by the Yorkville distributor. Yorkville also owns ART, which has an ok headphone amp/mixer. Furman's are about bullet proof.

4. Aziel

Aziel Guest

Well, i dont like at all the "B" products,,,but, to be honest, i have a "B" headphone amp from them and it`s very good...never had problem with it...of course, stay away of the pre`s and that kind of stuff... ;)

5. pmolsonmus

pmolsonmus Well-Known Member

I use 2 Furman 6 channel rack mounts in a school setting ( equivalent to many punk bands) :D and they've held up nicely. I think they were only slightly more than $300 for 6 channels