What is the best Equipment 4 a mixing studio?Help!

Discussion in 'Mixing & Editing' started by cjflagg, Jan 22, 2006.

1. cjflagg

cjflagg Guest

I am upgrading my recording system. I now have an older 16-bit adat system along with the BRC AND THE aleis X2 24-channel board. I could get the Alesis 24xz. That would work well with all my equipment. But.
    I want to put together a system that can easily import the digital files from the major recording studios here in Nashville. I want to create an inexpensive alternative for people recording at the big studios so they can track at the expensive studio’s and mix for a fraction of the cost at my studio. What equipment would you suggest. I know I won’t have world class mic pres but everything should be in the digital domain anyway. What would be the best kind of a system for this application? I would guess they are recording at 24 bit 192 htz.
  2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    I certainly wouldn't assume anything. If anything, they still may be tracking analog?? If you think it's digital, get a ProTools rig. Or, get a 48 input vintage Neve to pass your ProTools through. If they are tracking at the big studios, they're not going to want to mix with you. 24-bit 192kHz?? I would venture to say they are now more DSD, than anything else. In this case, less is not more. Can you say delusions of grandeur? (Don't worry I lived there to)

Better to go after your own market share.
    Ms. Remy Ann David
  3. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Pacific NW
    errrrr.....Thats kinda backwards....Seems that they would want to spend LESS money tracking ....This would involve a great sounding room as well as the ability to transfer files of all sorts. The big guys have way too many toys for use at mix to really be a competitor. Unless you're willing to spend a bunch and get something that folks are gonna want to use....Neve is a word that comes to mind and they aint cheap....AND you're willing to spend a bunch on a mixing room that is sonically exquisite then you appear to be backing in.....Remy got it right.