1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What speaker monitors do you use maily in your studio ??

Discussion in 'Monitoring & Headphones' started by HMNP, Sep 11, 2004.

1. HMNP

HMNP Guest

Name yours
  2. Ammitsboel

Ammitsboel Guest

Audio Note AN/E SEC together with Audio Note BARANSU amplifiers connected with silver cables.

Name yours! :D
    What do you use?
  3. HMNP

HMNP Guest

I have a sad case, I own a pair of Event 20/20, im upgrading everything on my studio.
  4. 20/20's are very good, ONLY if you get the bi amplified ones. the passive versions arent that great tho.
  5. Ed Littman

Ed Littman Guest

Dunlavy scIIIa's with a Bryston 14b amp, & 10guage copper speaker wire. $.35 ft down on canal st NYC :cool:
  6. NolanVenhola

NolanVenhola Guest

Samson Resolv 65a with the Samson 120a sub

I like how they sound. They're not crystal clear and airy, but I can make a fairly decent mix on them.

I'm probably the only person on this forum with the samson monitors I suspect :?
  7. iq

iq Guest

Tannoy pbm 6.5 mk II with crown dc300

I NEED TO UPGRADE !!! :)
  8. maxmex

maxmex Guest

Yamaha Ns-10
    Event 20/20 Bass
    Genelec 1037B
  9. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    Yamaha NS10Ms, Tannoy DMTII, System12's .. Auratones .. The NS10's and the Auratones are powered by their own Haffler P3000. The Tannoys each have their own Haffler P3000 bridged to run 300 watts RMS. It's all connected using 12 and 10 guage copper wire.. nothing special ... just good copper wire. (I don't believe in all that "audiofool" wire nonsense) The Tannoys are bi wired.
  10. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Oberlin, OH
    Home Page:
    Alon IVs driven by a Bryston 4B and Benchmark DAC-1
  11. zemlin

zemlin Distinguished Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    Home Page:
    Event 20/20bas
  12. NolanVenhola

NolanVenhola Guest

Why are you guys running 3/4 different monitors... Won't that just cause mix issues. Just curious.

I can see having a second set for mid range / close range difference... but 3 or 4?
  13. OlympicPhil

OlympicPhil Guest

Big Genelecs for mains, NS10s for reference monitors, KRKs or Mackie HR624/824s for near-midfield monitors, and little Auratones for an alternate reference.

14. markwilder

markwilder Guest

Duntech Princess, on 1200 Lb concrete Plinths. Spectral Amplification.

I used to run Sherwood Sax Mono Tubes (bi-amped), but had to let them go. If anyone wants some amazing tube monoblocks (not cheap), let me know.
  15. Don Grossinger

Don Grossinger Distinguished past mastering moderator Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    just north of NYC
    Home Page:
    Wilson Sophia speakers
    Crown Studio Reference I amps
    MIT cables
  16. Ammitsboel

Ammitsboel Guest

17. markwilder

markwilder Guest

My room is going surround, and It would be impossible to find another 6 Sherwood amps. They haven't been made in years, and anyone who has them, hangs on to them. Besides, 10 tube sets!!!!
    It's an exceptional amp. It has destroyed my ability to listen to anything else, at any price. I cannot even guess how many amps I listened to until I settled on the Spectral.
    Now the Spectral...I giggled the first time I listened to it. Speed forever plus the detail of my old Sherwood's. And they mate well with my speakers.
  18. Ed Littman

Ed Littman Guest

Did you also listen to the Pass Labs X-250. I have only heard great things about this amp. How does it stand up to your joices?
  19. Ammitsboel

Ammitsboel Guest

Sad sad story... :cry:
    10 tube sets!!! :shock:
    My BARANSU's only use 3 sets.

Best Regards,
  20. markwilder

markwilder Guest

I did not listen to the Pass Audio. I did listen to Chord, Bryston, Halcro, Classe (2 different models), Mark Levinson, Krell, Cello. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.