1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What the best sounding soundcard in this list?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Zulu-TPF-, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Zulu-TPF-

Zulu-TPF- Guest

FYI - I plan to buy a separate preamp in addition to the soundcard.
  2. Blutone

Blutone Guest

I'm probably going to pick up one of the Aardvark Q10 pro cards next week. I saw your other thread also. You might want to give a good look at one too. Actually, the Q10 pro might be more than you need, if all you're doing is simple guitar/vocal recordings. A good reason for bringing this card to your attention is that I noticed you mentioned getting a preamp also. If you need it for the mics, then the Q10 will save you a step or two. Each input has a 75db boost mic pre before the A-D conversion. So, it's like an analog mic pre and not a digital one. :D Also, with this card you could take advantage of the EFR guitar input. Like I said, though, this card might be more than you need. IMHO, this is a really good "all around" card. If you want to, you can check out all the Mfg. hype here.

But, if you have your heart set on a nice preamp, check out some of the Echo cards. Also, look at some RME stuff. HTH

Welcome to RO :c:
  3. Zulu-TPF-

Zulu-TPF- Guest

Thanks Blue!

After reading the specs I will most likely purchase the Q10.

With the Q10's 8 Class A preamps I can get a real drummer over here to record! (as opposed to sequences/loops)

I hadn't checked Ardvark's products out before, I appreciate the tip!

QUESTION: I'm setting up a dual monitor system and was wondering if the Q10's Mixer window could be left dedicated on my second monitor? If so, that would be very functional... :cool: