1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What to buy?!?!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by dylanger, Dec 7, 2009.

1. dylanger

dylanger Guest

I'm some what new to recording and am new to the forum and I need some help with what to get

Ok so I'm going to upgrade from my BR600 to a computer with an interface ect. One thing I'm set on is using a mac. The interface I wanted to get is a presonus firestudio 26x26. The program I wanted to use is Sonar 8 but reviews have said that the presonus and sonar doesn't work well together. Has anyone had this problem and what are some other combinations I can do so I get the most user friendly system. Thanks!

2. fiast

fiast Guest

cubase 5 ..hehehe

3. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

I don't use Mac but do have Presonus gear, some people I know are using Mac/Logic/Presonus and are not having any issues, the new Firestudio is shipping with their own recording software Studio One Artist but I don't recall anyone posting anything about it here.

4. Guitarfreak

Guitarfreak Well-Known Member

The Logic Platform is killer. It's got a bit of a learning curve, or at least it did for me because I was used to Pro Tools, but it's my favorite GUI. I use a PreSonus interface with little to no software/sync problems to date.

5. robbiusa

robbiusa Active Member

Does Sonar even run in Apples OS now? Thought it was PC only.

6. jammster

jammster Active Member

No, looks like the V-Studio 100 will work with core audio though.

I don't think Sonar will be mac compatible anytime soon.

http://www.v-studio.info/100/with_computer.php

7. mrb1946

mrb1946 Active Member

I also recommend using Logic. Like Guitarfreak said, there's a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, your workflow is fast, smooth, and effective. I used the Peachpit Express Logic Guide to help me learn the DAW. It's a great book. http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321636805

It maybe be a little pricey for a book, but it's a really great tool for learning Logic.

8. jammster

jammster Active Member

Not only is this a great book/DVD+w/lessons+media, you can also learn a great deal on the Logic Pro Help forum with the author himself!