1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

What you say about T1952 valve compressor from ...Behrin

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by popcorn, Mar 23, 2003.

1. popcorn

popcorn Guest

We are proceeding to check cheep comps for our bedroom studio.Anyway did anybody try that box?

Donny

http://www.popcorn.dir.bg

2. JeffreyMajeau

JeffreyMajeau Active Member

You'd be better off spending your money on an FMR Audio RNC.

Dan Roth
    Otitis Media

3. popcorn

popcorn Guest

Thank you DAN!
    Our big problem is that here /in Bulgaria/ there's no dealer for the FMR products :) or we can wait and in the meantime play some lottery ;)to buy then smth really nice...

Nelly

4. mig27

mig27 Active Member

I second dan's opinion.
    we had a t1952 in the studio for a test run and didn't like it at all.

this compressor sounds really spiky and uneven.
    also, the tube (toob) section is quite a joke: it adds a nasty grainyness and harsh top end.
    that's the opposite of "warm"...

my 2 cents.

michael

5. JeffreyMajeau

JeffreyMajeau Active Member

mercenary.com <- this is Mercenary Audio. They're an FMR dealer. They'll ship you one, as far as I know.

If you're looking to spend your money well - stay away from things that have tubes in them to "warm up" signals. This is just garbage. Sticking a tube in a garbage circuit is not going to make it any better.

You're better off buying a well designed piece of equipment. The RNC is just that. It doesn't have tubes, but it does sound great.

Using a tube as a "color device" is a shame. When you're using tubes to do their intended function, i.e. all the stuff we now use transisitors, and opamps for, they sound good in a well designed circuit.

Dan Roth
    Otitis Media

6. Sebatron

Sebatron Well-Known Member

do not touch Behringer

do even think about it.....

7. lowdbrent

lowdbrent Guest

There is no true tube circuit in that Behringer crap. It is a hybrid, where the tube doesn't have any real current hitting the plate. It is a pure marketing generated POS.

I have used on live, along with the matching EQ and Preamp. CRAP! I went back to my dbx 160.

8. popcorn

popcorn Guest

Thanx,Thanx!

Well ,mostly 95% of the people we asked around talks about RNC.May be it's time to order one- the price is more than acceptable:)

Cheers!

Donny

9. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Distinguished Member

Yes,behringer sucks
    they imitate mackie, yamaha, line 6...

10. Mario-C.

Mario-C. Active Member

Home Page:
    oh but they look so slick...

mommy mommy can I have one ? :s:

11. popcorn

popcorn Guest

What to say?All that time I was away from Behringer and I hope that I never bring home one,BUT ...I checked that Comp and Valve Pre in a big studio and the sound was not too bad.Strange!It worked well for the voice which we recorded.It was heavy rock female vocal.Some hi mid appeared with a little noise,but you can't hear it in the mix.Expander was working good too...

Who knows?I record one of the songs "Easy Feeling" /which we presented in "Audio projects" section here in RO/ with SM58 connected to Triton audio input,using it's Efx and nobody told that the voice sounded bad,even no word about the voice:)

Donny