1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Where can I buy high quality pre-made cables?

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by tuco, Sep 15, 2004.

1. tuco

tuco Guest

Greetings all,

I'm setting up a small home studio . . .

Where should I go to buy a few mic and patch cables that use quality wire and terminations? Please include a link if possible. Thanks!

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

http://www.markertek.com

3. tuco

tuco Guest

Hey Kurt,

Thanks for the quick tip . . . Markertek has the goods! How do you feel about their "TecNec" brand cables?

4. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

I have no opinion .. I did buy some bantam tt to 1/4" trs cables from them once ... they were very nice...

5. tuco

tuco Guest

Okay, thanks!

6. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Mogami which is about as good as it gets, sells pre made cables with all types of connectors. Sold at music store such as Guitar Center.

7. Doug102938@aol.com

Doug102938@aol.com Active Member

http://www.Redco.com

Mogami cables/ Neutrick connectors, 15 feet, like 12 bucks each I believe

They do anyhing you want them to great company

8. tuco

tuco Guest

That's good to know -- thanks.

Could you comment on a follow-up question?

When I double-checked, it turns out the interface card I'm looking at (the RME Digi96/8 PAD) has only UNBALANCED analog inputs. Is that important enough to drop it from consideration? Almost all the threads I've read here talk about the advantage of going all balanced. I can just as easily order the M-Audio 2496 which supports both balanced and unbalanced. Thoughts?

9. tuco

tuco Guest

Okay, Doug. Thanks. I'll check out Redco.

Anybody on the balanced/unbalanced RME input issue? Should I post as separate question?

10. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Ya, Please do. Let's keep it simple and focused, one subject per posting title.

11. tuco

tuco Guest

Got it. Will post separately.

Doug, Redco was great for ready-made Mogami/Neutrik cables. Quality components + fair prices.

Had a little trouble finding their site's inventory/price list. Here's the link if anyone needs it.

http://www.redco.com./cable_assemblies_price_list.asp

12. Doug102938@aol.com

Doug102938@aol.com Active Member

Hey Tuco glad it helped, It seems the prices have gone up sence the last time I bought things. Still not a terrible deal, Try emailing them for a custom quote you can probably get the price down

There are a few dealers on places like ebay that offer good deals occasionally. Never done it myself but its the same components.
    Good luck

13. BariTenor

BariTenor Guest

Hate to bring this up

This question will probably belie my ignorance, but how do the infamously expensive monster brand cable measure up to mogami?

14. Jim Chapdelaine

Jim Chapdelaine Active Member

You might also try 'Redco' in Stamford/Stratford CT.
    They will build to order using any cable you like including Mogami.
    They make a great headphone cue box and have always shipped to me ontime.
    best,
    chap