1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

where to roll off?, need some help kurt

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mcasci2, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. mcasci2

    mcasci2 Guest

    NEWBIE - i have been reading to roll off unused or unheard bass and treble frequences whejn "eqing" or sucking out 800hz to make cleaner sound
    my question is Where do i do that? on board, computer? Sound forge? if so where in sound forge?
    Please help
    thanks in advance
  2. djui5

    djui5 Guest

    there should be some kinda high pass filter you can apply to the audio file in Sound Forge...under the FX list (or whatever they call it....)
  3. Kurt Foster

    Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

    I don't use sound forge so I can't give you a specific recomendation.. but Randy is correct ... there should be some type of HPF (hi pass filter) in your software. I caution you against using a HPF across a whole 2 mix ... instead these should be used on individual tracks when mixing ...

Share This Page