1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Which board..???

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by klauth, Nov 9, 2004.

1. klauth

klauth Guest

Hey everybody, I'm seriously looking at the soundcraft ghoast 24/8 LE. right now I have a mackie 24/8 and am pretty happy with it. but, alot of people are recomending the ghoast to me. is it really that much better? is there anyone "out there" that has used a ghoast and would agree with that or otherwise?.......

2. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

Yep, I installed a new 32 x 8 Ghost in a client's home studio. It replaced a Mackie VLZ and there was a big difference in the sound quality in a good way.

It's a sleeper, I like it alot for the $$$.

Hope this helps,

3. Skeetch

Skeetch Guest

Having done the VLZ to Ghost switch, I can vouch for the improved sonics. The Ghost's are very flexible boards and have lots of routing. I primarily use outboard pre's but the onboard pre's aren't bad. Certainly better than the VLZ's IMO.

4. klauth

klauth Guest

Thanx for the help. I'm ordering mine this week!

5. tomislav

tomislav Active Member

i'll have your mackie board...

6. JoeH

JoeH Well-Known Member

You might have waited for the ONYX series, if only to try 'em out. If you're looking for something better than the VLZ Pro series, the ONYX line might do it, but the Ghost ain't bad, either! ;-)

7. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

I like mine.......If I could afford an API, then I'd have that.....However, for an intermediate footprint console, the Ghost has few rivals.The routing is intuitive, and for someone whos used to a multi-bass,direct-out, console, its a breeze.The pres will give different characteristics depending on the voltage present, the EQ is decent, and can be surgical to a point...Its a 'nicer' sounding circuit than the Mackies and others of that ilk....It does a very good job of reproducing rather faithfully, the source material you put into ti....I make records on mine....so should you...

8. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

Having the Ghost master section modified, then several preamps will make it sound like... Well, pretty freakin' amazing... http://www.creationaudiolabs.com I believe are "the source" for Ghost mods...

9. klauth

klauth Guest

.....Sorry, already sold my mackie. I plan on getting a couple of GML and great river pre's so, I'm not to concerned about whats "on board" I really do like the over all routing set up...thanx again for the help!