1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Which DAW and Computer System Do You Use? Multiple Choices Apply.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by hueseph, Apr 11, 2012.

?

What DAW and Computer System Do You Use?

1. 1. Logic

23 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. 2. Digital Performer

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. 3. Samplitude/Sequoia

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. 4. Vegas

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. 5. Acid

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. 6. Pro Tools on Mac

16 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. 7. Pro Tools on PC

10 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. 8. Nuendo/Cubase on Mac

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  9. 9. Nuendo/Cubase on PC

25 vote(s)
    22.3%
  10. 10. Reaper on Mac

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  11. 11. Reaper on PC

22 vote(s)
    19.6%
  12. 12. Fruity Loops

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  13. 13. Propellerhead Record on Mac

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  14. 14. Propellerhead Record on PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 15. Ableton Live! on Mac

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  16. 16. Ableton Live! on PC

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  17. 17. Studio One on Mac

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  18. 18. Studio One on PC

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  19. 19. Tracktion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. 20. Sonar

13 vote(s)
    11.6%
  21. 21. Audition

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  22. 22. Pyramix

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Ask and you shall recieve.

This is as comprehensive as I could get. There may be a few stragglers that I left out. If that is the case please say so. There's Bias Peak Studio but I don't eve know if people use that. Do they? Let me know.

Please vote for all that apply.

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

You missed Sonar yes,no?

3. hueseph

Doh!

4. Steve@Russo

Steve@Russo Active Member

weak results, come on people VOTE

5. hueseph

It's a particularly large forum. Give them time. There are a multitude of topics here and if you're not looking for this in particular it's almost invisible.

6. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

My main DAW is not listed but it is targeted for radio/tv/post production- Adobe Audition. I just have always used it for multitrack recording regardless.

7. sachit

sachit Active Member

Interesting poll, the old one was indeed too old... I'd like to see how many Studio One and Reaper users are here. Looks like I'm the first Logic guy to vote here. Not surprising, considering that even I'm a bit worried about the future of Logic. I'm no upgrade freak but it's bordering on five upgrade-less years now...

8. hueseph

Sorry I missed that. Unfortunately I can't edit the poll.

9. TheJackAttack

No worries. Like I said, unless one is working radio/tv/post, Audition isn't the first thing that pops to mind.

10. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Yes, I believe you can edit the poll, there is a pencil icon that appears above the title you click. But I added Audition just in case you aren't able.
    We should really have them in A to Z order and be sure all DAW's are listed. I'm not up on all the options. Do we have them all now? If we have them then we are good yes?

If not, maybe starting over would be a good thing since this thread is going to be a round a long time.

Thoughts?

11. TheJackAttack

Thanks Chris. I am unable to edit my selection but Remy will be able to click on it!

12. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Added it for you John.

13. Laurend

Laurend Active Member

No Pyramix ?

14. hueseph

Hi Laurend. Pyramix is there now thanks to audiokid.

15. superiorinferior

superiorinferior Active Member

I really wish logic became the standard and not Pro Tools. Logic is just so much more powerful and efficient. There's definitely a lot to learn but you can do everything and you don't have to buy a specific hardware or software.

16. Laurend

Laurend Active Member

ProTools (Digidesign) was first on the market. It's now native also. I don't know which feature is missing on the last version. All DAWs have their own workflow. It's just a matter of taste.

17. mberry593

mberry593 Active Member

Please note that since version 9, it is no longer necessary to use only Avid hardware with PT.

18. TheJackAttack

True. But that doesn't make up for all the other features PT lacks by comparison to the other major players.

19. hueseph

Pro Tools and it's defenders seem to have locked themselves in a cave. They don't want to accept that other DAWs have surpassed their capabilities. With a quality interface and just about any other DAW, you can do anything that you can do in Pro Tools. That is speaking strictly audio of course. As far as midi is concerned, PT has well been surpassed. Unfortunately, there is nothing that comes close to PT when it comes to Audio Post. Having all those DSPs can make a very large (150+ tracks) run a lot smoother. And for what it's worth, that is their target market. They could care less about the audio community.

20. dj2

dj2 Active Member

Not surprised Reaper is in the lead.