1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

which laptop

Discussion in 'Recording' started by music9090, Jan 17, 2009.

1. music9090

music9090 Guest

im finally thinking about a laptop to get but i would like some advice. im using pro tools right now for producing and scratch live for djing. i really want to laptop that i dont have to worry about crashing or some b.s failing me... any advice would be great

thanks

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

If you are using ProTools your only choice is what Digi designed for you to use.

I believe Panasonic makes an industrial strength laptop. Designed for serious abuse, drops, coffee. Someone else has one with a titanium case I think? Sony? None of which will work with ProTools. I particularly liked your no BS stance on equipment. Right on brother.

Seriously serious
    Ms. Remy Ann David

3. BDM

BDM Active Member

not windows...!
    before i switched to a mac i could crash a pc by just looking at it funny... just my experience (or face, maybe...)

4. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

Maybe the crap and lousy drivers you had.

If Windows were as anal about drivers and probably third party apps too, as Apple are (and they're going that way), things would crash less.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guests

uhh bullcrap

6. anonymous

anonymous Guests

if you are using mbox any laptop would be fine (USB)
    if you intend to use firewire the choices are EXTREMELY limited.

google "pro audio laptop"