1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Which one (RME)

Discussion in 'Converters & Interfaces' started by Caisson, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Caisson

Caisson Guest

I've decided to go with RME....which one would be a better pic?\

A. RME Multiface Hammerfall DSP 24/96K Interface

B. RME ADI 2 24/192 2-Channel AD/DA Converter
  2. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2003
    I guess it depends on how many inputs/outputs you think you need. I got the Multiface recently, love it.
  3. Caisson

Caisson Guest

As of right now I still have a mixer that I can send into it, but If I were to get rid of the mixer totally....I would really only need about 2 or three... I do hip hop music and really have no need for more then two (but thats right now) I don't want to limit my self to much.
  4. tnjazz

tnjazz Active Member

Jan 4, 2005
    The Multiface is amazing and sounds like it would better suit your needs as well as allowing you room for expansion. I have a Multi and a Digiface and love them. My only complaint about them is the weird half rackspace size of the box.

5. Caisson

Caisson Guest

when you say
    you are separating the multi and the digiface.....are they to different things? and if so what do you do with the digiface?
  6. Caisson

Caisson Guest

Jonyoung & Tnjazz would you consider the Rme converters better than the converters in digidesign (pro-tools).
  7. Reggie

Reggie Distinguished Member

Dec 20, 2004
    I have and like the Multiface too. Great features and reliability. The converters aren't the same as the RME top-o-the-line standalone converters, but they are good enough that there are a lot of other things more important to the signal chain that will have to be top notch before you can take much advantage of any further converter upgrade. Yeah, one full rack space would have made me happier too, but it would be great as-is for portable use.

Digiface accepts only digital signals. Multiface accepts analog and digital signals. Check out http://rme-audio.com for specific info.
  8. feggymango

feggymango Guest

Have you considered the Fireface. Its got a ton of inputs, great converters, and totalmix, which let me get rid of my mixer. Its very easy to route things anywhere