1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Which one to pick?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by GeertHaen, Aug 27, 2003.

1. GeertHaen

GeertHaen Guest

I'm looking for an audio capturing PCI-card with breakout box, but I'm baffled by the number of products available.

All I would need is 2 XLR inputs (w/preamps) and 2 analog inputs. Anyone have a suggestion?

2. Ras Judah

Ras Judah Guest

:)

Greetings Geert,

You could try the Aardvark 24/96, not exactly what you want but pretty close to it. Plus it has the added advantage of expandibility should you wish to step up your set-up at any time.

HTH

3. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

I don't have any specific suggestions, but make sure you pick one with very good andalog to digital converters. I would also suggest, if your budget allows, buy a separate preamp. Virtually no soundcard pre can touch a halfway decent standalone pre (like the fmr rnp).

I have a Delta66, and, since my budget doesn't allow, I use its pre's. It has decent A/D conversion but the pre's are way lacking in detail, range and clarity. But then again, I'm also using an AT3035 for vocals. It gets the job done, but I have to try very hard, when recording, to get a good sound.

4. GeertHaen

GeertHaen Guest

One year later and I got myself an M-Audio Delta 44.
    Works great in my "Getting Started Setup".
    :D