1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Which soundcard for new Mac G5s ???

Discussion in 'Recording' started by peterpan, Feb 15, 2005.

1. peterpan

peterpan Active Member

Hi you all,
    I am considering upgrading from a G4 to G5 (which one is to be discussed later...), so my Audiomedia III will be have to be dropped except if I chose a G5 1.8....
    My questions are, at this time:
    1/ which card do you think is the best (rapidity, least latency, sound quality). Within a reasonable price range (200 to 300 $) for a home studio.
    2/ generally speaking, are PCI-X cards still better rated than FW ones ? (FW would free us from the problem of slots being changed these times... and probably more often in the future...).
    I had a look at some cards like Echo Mia-midi, M-Audio 410 too but I could not try them and I think there are some others worth looking at...

Thanks for your posts !!
    :)

2. Johnjm22

Johnjm22 Guest

You can't go wrong with Lynx. Maybe a little out of your price range though.

3. peterpan

peterpan Active Member

I never heard of this brand. As you said one cannot go wrong with it if it is really worth its price !!!. For what I want to do (singing with midi backing) it is a bit too much for me !! :(
    I think I will be okay with an Echo Mia-Midi, from what I gathered here and there.
    Thank you anyway for your post :D

4. Dave62

Dave62 Guest

Is a Digidesign Mbox out of the price range??