1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

which usb audio interface to choose?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by kinasko, Dec 8, 2006.

1. kinasko

kinasko Guest

Hello!

Im looking for an external usb audio interface in the cheap price range and have been proposed these two.

http://www.m-audio.com

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=237&subcategory=609&product=15186

Do anyone here have an opinion on which is better than the other? (only the hardware is of interest – not what software comes with it etc.)

If you maybe have an alternative that you think is better in the same price range feel free to tell about it!

Thanks!

/Oscar

2. djrr3k

djrr3k Guest

yo.

If your comfortable with the I/O, the choice is yours. If your looking to expand in the future I would go with the MAudio. It's compatibility with Pro Tools makes it a definite. If you upgrade to say the Delta 10/10 or 18/14 for more inputs, you'll be able to say take the audiophile with you when you travel and still capture ideas without lugging a bunch of gear. That's how I do it and it's great. When I go out on tour, an extra hard drive, laptop, and Mbox travels with me for writing. When I get back home it's studio time. The sessions are already scratched out with guitar lines, vocals, and programmed drums. Makes it much more convenient.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
    -Ryan-

3. MasonBlack

MasonBlack Guest

I'm not familiar with the emu soundcard, but i do own a M-Audio Audiophile and have to say i'm entirely happy with it. It's never once given me issues, was a piece of cake to hook up to my setup and has good latency control.

You may wanna get some more opinions, but there's my 2 cents..

:)

4. casper

casper Guest

between those two I would go with the Maudio. Like djrr3k stated if you know the limitations of this device and thats ok go for it.

5. kinasko

kinasko Guest

Hello again:)

thank you very much for your answers! Its nice to hear your opinions. I think i'll go with the M-audio.

can't wait to get my hands on it..

for now i've been recording on the laptop with the default soundcart and it's really crap..

sounds nice with the touring djrr3k! hopefully i will do that too one day..´

thanks to MasonBlack and casper!

/oscar denmark..