1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

which way should i go, api question

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by bobbo, Jul 13, 2006.

1. bobbo

bobbo Active Member

ok, i've saved up 2800 bucks to spend, and i've been wanting an api ever since i've heard about them, but now i don't know which to choose from,
    -the 6 slot lunch box and get two 512c and have room for more, and or get other pres in the future like the purple preamp etc.
    -get the 3124+ and have 4 sweet ass preamps to cover kick snare and ohs, and most expensive option,
    -or get that new box they've got out with the two 312 pres in it and has they're digital out on it, i do have a digital in on my recorder so i'd have more room for direct analog inputs.

i'd also like to save a lil bit of cash and get the sm7 too, i've been wanting one of these for a while after seeing that its the go to mic for rock/screaming/metal/

thanks in advance
    bobby

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Your decision should be based on long term plans/goals. If you know you will need more than API mic pre's in the future like the API Eq's and/or compressors or any of the other 3rd party API compatiblle units, then the lunch box or bigger 500 series frames is a better and smarter investment. If you are sure you just want or need 4-API mic pre's in one shot, then the 3124 is the answer. If going the 3124, I would save up a few more bucks and get the 3124 unit with the 4x2 mixer for a great/flexable all in one tool.

I went with the 11-space frame, and have it almost full.