1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Which would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by dabmeister music, Dec 22, 2003.

1. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Home Page:
    I'm looking at a future purchase of a digital mixing console. My 2 choices are the Yamaha 01v96 & the Tascam DM24. I'm assuming the Yamaha costs a little more and may pack a bit more than the Tascam but is there any other major differences between the two? Which one would you choose?

2. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Distinguished Member

The Yammy 01V96 has horrible ergonomics imho. I really disliked the look and feel of the system. The TASCAM unit is much better, and now that they have worked out a lot of the initial "bugs" from the software, I hear that it is working quite well.

If you can scrape up the extra cash, the Yamaha DM1000 is really nice however...a big step up from the 01V96. HUGE difference!

3. random logic

random logic Guest

hi dabmeister!

just a tought...cos i used to have yamaha, and now i mix inside logic audio...maybe you should look for computer and sound card with mic preamps and logic control instead a of digital mixer?? for what purposes do you need the mixer?

4. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Home Page:
    Thanks Random , I'll be using it for additional inputs, digital patching/routing as well as a control surface for Cubase SX.

5. I would make sure you buy the extended warranty on the Tascam if you go that route. I have read some people having problems (I was briefly looking into one). David