1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Who is the Guitar Player on TV?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by moonbaby, Jan 16, 2006.

1. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Good morning!
    There is a commercial on TV (in the States) that started running New Years' Eve on the Dick Clark Special. I've also seen it on the morning shows all last week.
    The ad is for Ameriprise Investing, and it has this guy playing "Happy Birthday", Hendrix-style, "live" on a Strat through a Marshall half-stack.He's very good at it: feeeding back, wailing, double-stops that "dive-bomb"...really cool. The guy looks very familiar, but I can't place him. It's driving me C-R-A-Z-Y!!! He's got to be American, 'cause he smiles at the end and his teeth are too good to be a Brit, but he does look a little like David Gilmour. Anybody see this ad? Who is that player?

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that ad and thought the exact same thing. We're probably going to be ashamed that we did not recognize him.

3. GavinMajesty

GavinMajesty Guest

His name is Snuffy Walden.

" MINNEAPOLIS, Dec. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- On Jan. 1 the first of 77 million
    baby boomers will turn 60 and to celebrate this milestone Ameriprise Financial
    will launch a television ad with a familiar tune. Legendary musician, Snuffy
    Walden, will perform a unique rendition of "Happy Birthday" in a new broadcast
    advertisement for Ameriprise Financial that captures the passion and
    creativity that the baby boomer generation is expected to bring to its
    approaching retirement"

4. moonbaby

Thanks! I've read several interviews with him, loved his work, don't think I had ever seen him. Awesome player!

5. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

http://www.wgsnuffywalden.com

Never heard of him either until now, but what a great player . Check the credits and awards- an amazing career!

[/i]

6. GavinMajesty

GavinMajesty Guest

Perfect proof people, Google is yours, my and everyone's friend :lol:

7. chrispick

chrispick Guest

Oh yeah, he's considered one of the go-to guys for scoring tv shows.

8. moonbaby

Yeah, he did the acoustic guitar on "The Wonder Years" and I'd see him credited, and thought "That guy is pretty good for an old man..." What did I know? Then I'd seen an interview in MIX a couple of years ago, and he talked about "The West Wing", and how he'd worked with Clapton, etc.
    I guess the name "Snuffy" threw me. I closed my eyes during 1 of those ads and I could swear it was Jimi.... :)

9. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

LOL.

moonbaby, may your words follow the road in front of you. :lol:

(y)

10. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Many mant years ago he toured all over the MidWest and Western states with his band 'Aphrodite'...I saw him play several times. He had that same Marshall thats in the ad....Guitar was a LesPaul then.

11. bluesdudeo

bluesdudeo Active Member

whos's the band ?

As you were talking tv .... who is the band playing the music to an add set in San Francisco .... all those coloured balls rolling down the hill .. may be a sony add can't remember .. sorry to go off subject but I love that moody sound.