1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

who uses digital boards here?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Alécio Costa - Brazil, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Let us see how many members use a digital board for recording/mixing tasks.

I divided brands in numbers so you may specify models also.

(1) Behringer gear

(2) Yamaha

(3) Tascam

(4) Roland

2. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Kirkland WA
    Home Page:
    I use an ancient Tascam TM-D1000, most for monitoring.

Thinking about picking up some sort of Firewire mixer/interface in the future.

3. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    Well let's see?? I have used the SSL Axiom, which was in credibly complex and in credibly comprehensive but didn't work on it long enough to get very comfortable.

Lately I've been doing some mixing on a TASCAM DM24. Almost as complex and comprehensive for this $1,500 no longer made, digital console as its $250,000 SSL rival, as long as you don't mind mixing with 1 finger at a time? Of course, you can automate the entire mix, when locked with the recorder/computer.

I still think most of the microphone preamplifiers suck on these digital desks but I think most microphone preamplifiers suck? That's why I use API and Neve as my front end, whenever I can but I've made some awesome sounding recordings with those horrible TASCAM microphone preamps because it's not what you've got but what you do with it.

Zippy and Snappy my favorite digital artifacts.
    Ms. Remy Ann David
  4. djrr3k

djrr3k Guest

In studio I've done sessions with:

Sony DMX-R100
    Mackie D8B

On tour:

Yamaha PM5DRH
    Yamaha MC7L

I absolutely love the 5D, but I'm counting the days until I get to play with the new Midas XL8
  5. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Yamaha 02R96V2 and Yamaha 01V96

Previously I used the 02Rv2 and the 01VOf.

I agree that half a dozen high end pres would be a nicer front end, but in my case I do need 16-24 good mic pres frequently as I do lots of choir+small orchestras.
  6. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

May 11, 2006
    i had a yammy o2r (with 2 adats) but have a tascam fw1884 at present (with C4)