1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Why does eMagic convert imported stereo files to mono th

Discussion in 'Recording' started by zip, Dec 13, 2001.

1. zip

zip Guest

...seem to normalize the track volumes?

I import stereo audio and it asks if I want to convert to two mono tracks. Simple enough - it's going into one audio track. The only thing I notice is it seems to normalize the track volumes taking away individual track dynamics...

Am I doing something wrong or going crazy??

zip >>
  2. pan

pan Guest

Hi Zip,

I think, you're going crazy ;-)

This feature is for users of TDM Hardware, that can't playback interleaved stereofiles. It just puts it into two mono files (L+R), that are linked for editing.

You can disable this option in the Audio Preferences Page (force record and convert into split stereo)

Why are you posting here? -one click away is an "emagic"-forum desperately waiting for some traffic :roll:
  3. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    No problem..as an avid hater of Logic I dont mind it at all!! lol!!
    I dont hate logic so to speak...I think it's more the company I cant stand..plus Logic just has too much of a learning curve that really put me off about the product...just my opinion anyways!!
  4. zip

zip Guest

Thanks. I'll try that. I also believe the learning curve is steep for Logic but it's not the real problem.

The real problem is the MANUAL. I have never seen 4 inches deep of disjointed crap like that before. You can learn to import audio files on like chapter 4 then have to muscle your way through the manual to learn to bounce them to a .wav in chapter 18 or some crap. :(

I guess I'll be posting a lot in the emagic section. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the software capabilities - but the manual has to go. :D

Thanks again...

zip >> :w:
  5. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Thats nothing...download the 100 page guide to the environment!!
  6. zip

zip Guest

I think I'll pass... :D

I'm finding pure experimentation to be more successful than the manual. Whoever writes "Platinum in the Real World" should make a killing... ;)

zip >>
  7. zip

zip Guest

Just in case someone else needs the info...

Make sure when you bounce you select Split Stereo (L+R)

When you do you'll have to rename the file)if resaving as the SAME file - as a writeover) as Logic needs to use the .wal file during the conversion. I simply saved the file as xxx.wav-s then went back in later and deleted the .war,.wal and .wal-s files Logic creates.

Seems I was inadvertantly selecting bounce to interleaved stereo. :eek:

Hope this helps someone else in the LAP learning curve. :D

zip >>