1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

why wont Match.com match me with a microphone

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by Fast2gg, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Fast2gg

Fast2gg Guest

I know i know... This has been asked a million times, and all vocals are different and people prefer different sounds and all that jazzy jazz.

BUT... (theres always a but)

I'm on a tight budget, and want to find a nice mic and preamp combo that i can multitask for recording vocals, guitar (accoustic and electric) and possibly the random Noise of strange objects hitting eachother.

any suggestions?

This is to be placed in a small room in my basement, with little to no sound treatment (other than its in a basement).
  2. I'm a pretty big fan of the Audiotechnica AT3035. I got mine for 120, including shipping, new off of ebay. It's pretty slick for everything I've used it on, and it handles really high SPLs, so your mic itself won't overdrive unless you are in the habit of trying to mic a jet engine. I have used the art mp tube preamp, which can be found used for about 30 dollars...so that's about 150 for all, with a good cable for about 20 dollars, a pop filter for about 20 dollars and tax, you're just under 200.

Hope this helps.
  3. Fast2gg

Fast2gg Guest

Thanks a lot i will check those items out thats exactly the budget i was shooting for something cheap that sounds nice.
  4. Halifaxsoundguy

Halifaxsoundguy Active Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Halifax, NS Canada
    Boo-Yah!! Cats Ass!
  5. Fast2gg

Fast2gg Guest

is cats ass a good thing? im confused.. :? :shock:
  6. Pootkao

Pootkao Guest

The FMR Really Nice Preamp and Shure SM7b could do it, thought the SM7b wouldn't be the greatest on the acoustic. A Rode NT1 or AKG C3000 would work better on the acoustic stuff, but not quite as well on electrics.
  7. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Cat's ass = good.

Dog's Bollocks = bad.
  8. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Fredericksburg, VA
    My bad...
    Got it backwards -
    Dog's Bollocks = good
    Cat's Ass = Bad
    Bollocks= Bad
    Shizzle = Good

9. Fast2gg

Fast2gg Guest

So.. his suggestion of the AT3035 is Bad.

now is that bad as in "you's one bad mamma jamma"?
    or bad as in "michael jackson is a bad choice for a babysitter"
  10. I like the cut of your jib, Fasty.
  11. Ok, the lingo in here.....funny
  12. bwmac

bwmac Active Member

Mar 15, 2007
    This is a good al around mic.

check the apex line out on the web and ask at your local spot
    they are very well priced

Heres a gospal singers, song, that I recorded with a 415 and a 460 3ft back for verb.

BTW its also in a bastment