1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Win Amp Logic Phenonema.

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Damohonda, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Damohonda

Damohonda Guest

Hi

Has anyone had the following problem and is there a solution for it?

When I bounce in logic audio platinum and finish with a stereo mix down, I play the wav file on Win Amp. However On the Analyser within winamp, all of the signals are grouped at the lower end of the analyser. E.g if a hi freq note appears, on the analyser, it would appear as a low note.
    this dissapears if I convert to an MP3 and then the spectrum analyser can be seen in its full glory. Bare in mind, if i put an analyser within logic, all of the signals are there... Hi & Low but most of the louder frequencies are in the bass end of the spectrum.

Any ideas?

2. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

Winamp's spectogram seems to base it's x axis (frequency) on the bitrate of the media being played... either that, or against the file format itself.

I've noticed this as well - it doesn't seem to have anything to do with mixes and such. Whenever the bitrate is uber-high, like say, 14H kbps from CD-quality .wav (16 bit x 2 channels x 44.1kHz), the x axis seems to be geared to show everything up to a preposterously high figure - the audible range is therefore pushed all the way down to the 'bass'.

3. falkon2

falkon2 Well-Known Member

Oo, an the solution? Get a more precise spectogram/sonogram. ;)