1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Windows 7 compatibilty = none

Discussion in 'Recording' started by sirchick, Sep 3, 2009.

1. sirchick

sirchick Active Member

Okay i been on windows 7 for some time now, and so far... Cubase studio 4 doesnt work with it... nuendo 3 doesn't work cubase 3 doesn't work... and even in compatibility mode of XP they dont work.

Yet they worked in vista in XP mode, so i don't know how they balls this up so royally... but now im stuck with no app to record with ... any one know any working programs for windows 7 so far?

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

I'm using ProTools LE 8 and it's fine. Sorry to hear about the issues. Was Vista so bad for you. I know the experience differs from machine to machine. I've been trying to diagnose my Father-in-law's machine for weeks now. I thought I had "fixed" it months ago. It refuses to see the internet. I've followed every fix for this on the web and it still only sees a local only network, with or without a router. For me Windows 7 has been perfect. Though I may just settle for XP if the issues are not ironed out.

3. iamfrobs

iamfrobs Guest

REAPER has worked well thus far.

4. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

Kristal, though it's not exactly feature-packed or flexible.

5. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

I have had no problems with Win 7 32 bit for any program to date and had only one tiny workaround to get my Fireface 800 and Onyx 1640 to work perfectly. The DAW's I use/have used with Win 7 are PT M 7, Tracktion 2 and 3, Audition 2 and 3, and Reaper. I have not used compatibility mode on any of these programs though I do run the install program by right clicking and "run as administrator". I did have to use compatibility mode to install the M-Audio FW410 but I don't care for that device and it was only installed on the laptops to ensure compatibility.

6. sirchick

sirchick Active Member

Problem is, not as easy to buy these programs to find out if they work given their price.. so its like kinda stuck at this point.. do i keep buying DAW programs and find they don't work or buy XP and downgrade. =/

7. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Active Member

I have Reaper running on Win 7 64 bit. Bunch of plugs dont run but the app is fine

8. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

What interface are you using? Perhaps it isn't the DAW at all. In fact, I'd be very very surprised that something did not work on Win7 that did function on Vista.