1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

World Wide International Records, LLC

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by krazykorg, Aug 5, 2009.

1. krazykorg

krazykorg Guest

Has anyone heard of this outfit? One of my clients is getting tangled up with them which prompted me to do a search.

Here's the website: Melodyne

I can't find anything about them on the BBB site. A Google search only comes up with their shoddy website along with a MySpace page.

I'm no expert in the music indistry but this looks shady to me. My client is reeling about how they are being signed to a record deal with them. I think the whole thing is bogus.

Any ideas from you all?

Thanks

2. apstrong

apstrong Active Member

She should run away as fast as she can.

1. Website looks like crap. And it's covered in 3rd party advertising.
    2. Main company email is a friggin AOL address. Hahaha!
    3. Mailing address is a PO box.
    4. Web content seems to be lifted from Wikipedia with minor changes.

I could go on, but I won't. Run! Run! Save yourselves! Think of the children!

3. apstrong

apstrong Active Member

And by "she", I mean "he/she", but not "he-she", unless he/she is a he-she, which is perfectly fine and everything, no judgement. Can't we all just get along?

4. song4gabriel

song4gabriel Active Member

oh boy....that is a S-C-A-M!!

5. jabez

jabez Guest

the web site does look sketchy with all the advertisements and such, but from what I read, the idea of what they are doing is actually pretty cool. Although its pretty worthless seeing that in order for a deal with that kind of platform to actually be beneficial to an artist, they would have to already be somewhat successful in a regional scene. Therefore, they would probably be doing fine and making a living off of their music i.e. not needing to deal with a company with a weird-looking website such as this.